The Statewide Campus System (SCS) is a Graduate Medical Education (GME) consortium that is part of Michigan State University's College of Osteopathic Medicine (MSUCOM).
- The SCS designs and delivers educational programs for residents, faculty, and other healthcare professionals that comply with the Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) standards and applicable licensure requirements.
- The SCS provides its members with supplemental education that meets the needs of our community-based hospital residency programs, and enhances their programs by offering quality didactic conferences, specialized labs and hands-on workshops.
- SCS shares resources between its members to provide high-quality educational events.
- The SCS provides members with guidance regarding accreditation/board certification/licensure requirements.
- SCS offers its members additional support, including consultation services for scholarly activity and Faculty Development programs.
To become a member, please fill out the member inquiry form, and a membership liaison will be in contact to discuss your needs and what membership level would be most appropriate for you or your hospital.
The SCS offers two membership options: a full program or core services. We also offer subscriptions, as well as pay-by-event. Please click here for more information.
- As a Full Program Member or a Core Services Member, you will have the opportunity to engage directly with our Faculty Development and Scholarly Activity teams. In addition, these members-only access opportunities will allow you to network with MSUCOM faculty and other SCS member faculty across the consortium.
- Members are eligible to apply for a Clinical Faculty Appointment through Michigan State University's College of Osteopathic Medicine. Once your Clinical Faculty Appointment is processed, you will have access to some of MSU's more prominent resources, including the MSU Libraries and the MSU Writing Center. Acquiring a faculty appointment can take some time, so it is recommended that residents apply immediately at the beginning of their first year. STAT requests for residents can be provided only if time allows. For new applicants or general inquiries, please contact the Business Office at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you may contact your Academic Specialist.
- For those who have a clinical faculty appointment and valid MSU email, the library at MSU has a wealth of information available to students and faculty. The librarian for the College of Osteopathic Medicine is Abraham Wheeler. He may be contacted via email at email@example.com.
- The Writing Center at MSU has literacy experts who can help clinical faculty with their writing needs. The only requirement is that you have received an MSU Clinical Faculty Appointment.
All resident education is located on our calendar and sorted by specialty. Please visit the events page and click through the months to see offerings.
If you have registered for an event, you will receive a confirmation email, and your registration status will appear in your members-only portal. Please log in using your email and password to view your registrations and other members-only benefits. If you have difficulty registering for an event, please contact your designated conference coordinator or academic specialist. Please click here to view our staff directory.
Event recordings are available on the members-only resource pages associated with your specialty. Log in to the member portal link to view residency and fellowship education pages. Please note that some programs may not be available on-demand due to copyright or other restrictions. Please refer to your conference coordinator or academic specialist if you have any questions or cannot find your program video.
PAC stands for Physician's Advisory Committee. Most Full Program specialties have PACs. The Statewide Campus System partners with representatives from each participating member hospital in the form of a PAC to ensure resident programming meets the needs of all participating programs. PACs meet regularly to review curriculum, plan programming, and review program evaluations. Click here to contact your academic specialist for more information.
Physician Advisory Committee meetings are by invitation only. Please refer to your members-only events calendar by clicking here for meeting dates/times and locations if you are a PAC member. Existing PACs include Cardiology, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Orthopaedic Surgery, Otolaryngology - Head And Neck Surgery, General Surgery, and Urological Surgery.
Yes! Your events will be listed on our event calendar. Once you are registered in an event, your registration and program materials will become available. Please visit our resident resources page within your members-only portal for access to additional resident resources.
Our program offerings are located on our events calendar. You may register directly from the calendar page by clicking on an event link. Please note that some programs require full program membership for access. Please refer to your membership status to determine which programs you may access.
Registration and attendance are taken for each event. Currently, attendance is verified via the attendance evaluation QR Code available at the close of each event.
Attendance reports will be made available to program directors, program managers, and DIOs upon request. You must be registered and attend your designated events to meet your program's educational requirements.
Most resident/fellow attendance at educational events is verified through the attendance evaluation QR code and does not qualify for participation certificates. Other programs, including faculty development and SCS Core educational events offer certificates of completion. If CME credits are offered for an SCS program, a certificate of attendance will be generated through CME Tracker at the end of the event.
Unfortunately, Core Services members are not eligible to participate in the monthly resident education available through the Full Program membership option. However, some programs may be available to Core Service members for a fee. Please contact SCS for more information.